Every physician and advanced practice clinician at MedStar Health is a vital part of a dedicated team of medical professionals serving Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region.
In addition to working with an extremely high caliber of co-workers in the region’s largest care network, our physicians enjoy a comprehensive and competitive set of benefits unique in their depth and breadth.
Designed to serve the many and varied needs of busy professionals like you, the benefits offered by MedStar Health help busy people live better so they can work smarter. In addition to what MedStar Health provides for your core benefits, such as medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, MedStar Medical Group benefits help you save for retirement, plan for an elderly relative, or shave some points off your BMI. They also offer access to legal services, counseling, healthy resources, and discounts on a wide range of products and services.
This overview is intended to be a helpful tool. Our goal is to offer a suite of benefits and programs that can help you and your family achieve good health and reach your overall financial and well-being goals.
You work hard. And your benefits include services and plans that help your money work hard, too. Services are personalized, confidential, and comprehensive.
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Choose from three medical coverage options: MedStar Select, CareFirst PPO, or Kaiser Permanente HMO
- Delta Dental PPO or DeltaCare USA
- Vision coverage through Group Vision Service
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Up to $2,850/year for your healthcare account
- Up to $5,000/year for dependent daycare expenses
Life, Accidental Death, and Disability Benefits
- Employer-paid Basic Life/AD&D Insurance coverage equal to 1x your annual base salary
- Supplemental Life/AD&D Insurance coverage available up to a combined maximum of $1,500,000
- Dependent Life Insurance coverage available
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability – provides for 100% salary continuation for up to 26 weeks for approved disability leave*
- Employer-paid Long-Term Disability insurance – covers 60% of your base annual salary up to a $15,000 monthly maximum (not provided for part-time providers)
Paid Time Off (PTO)*
- Full-time APPs receive up to 30 days of PTO per year to use for illness, vacation, or other personal reasons
- 9 holidays including 2 personal days per year
- 5 days paid time off for CME per year
Professional Expense Reimbursement
Up to $3000 reimbursed annually for professional expenses, including CME, books/software, dues to one professional society, state licensure, CDS, DEA, and board certification/recertification
- Wellness Resources: MedStar MyHealth – a wellness program with information and support, including MyHealthQuestionnaire, MyHealthCareAdvising (for chronic medical conditions), and MyHealth Maternity (personal maternity care advisor)
- MedStar Provider Concierge Program
- [email protected] childcare and eldercare services
- Legal resources available
- MedStar Associate Discounts: travel, mobile phone, gym memberships, amusement parks, sporting events, pet insurance, etc.
- MedStar Inventor Services program through MedStar Institute of Innovation
- Opportunities to teach or conduct research in a MedStar Health hospital or institute
This is a summary of MedStar Medical Group’s benefits for full-time providers. Some of the information is based upon official plan documents and summary plan descriptions are the governing source and would supersede the information in this document. Some benefits are prorated for providers working less than full-time. It is not a guarantee of benefits. Professional expense reimbursements may be subject to change according to policy.
Kaiser Permanente is not offered at all locations.
*PTO, Short-Term Disability, and CME may differ for certain business units or service lines within MedStar Medical Group. Please consult with your recruiter or service line administrator for additional information about how these benefits apply to you.
403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Tax-deferred savings
- MedStar may match 50% of your contributions up to a maximum of 6% of your earnings
- Eligible for employer match after one year of service at 1,000 hours or more per year