Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - Comprehensive Stroke Center at MedStar Washington Hospital Center - Stroke NP
MedStar Washington Hospital Center (MWHC), a member of MedStar Health, is seeking an experienced nurse practitioner to become part of our Stroke team. The individual in this position provides comprehensive clinical management of patients in the Stroke Program in collaboration with the attending physicians and the Stroke team within the established program guidelines to promote growth and excellent patient outcomes. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. At least one year of directly related experience in neurology is preferred.
Essential Functions Include:
- Participating in the evaluation and management of patients receiving inpatient and outpatient services.
- Obtaining and completing inpatient stroke consultations with recommendations and follow-up for the stroke program.
- Serving as a point of continuity and orientation to specifics of MedStar Washington Hospital Center stroke policies and practices during monthly and yearly transition of clinical stroke house staff.
- Participating in Stroke Telemedicine consultations as a provider in the MedStar Telestroke Program after completion of the requisite training.
- Serving as an Associate Investigator in research protocols and facilitating stroke research activities at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, including acute neuroimaging; being well-versed in the protocols with regards to patient eligibility and trial enrollment and management procedures; actively recruiting, enrolling and managing patients in protocols; conducting outpatient follow-up of patients enrolled in the protocols; performing necessary data collection and documentation required of the protocols; participating in continuing staff education regarding specific requirements of individual protocols; and accompanying subjects, for whom hospital policy requires such, to and from CT/MRI for research scans in order to ensure appropriate patient monitoring and acquisition of research scans.
- Conducting stroke patient education of secondary stroke prevention in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Supporting clinical rotation of NP students from accredited programs with the Stroke Center.
- Participating in and providing community stroke education sessions in the D.C. metro area in settings including health fairs and invited community organizations.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area.
The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
As a MedStar Medical Group clinician, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off
- CME leave and CME allowance
- Retirement plan – 403-B with % employer match
MedStar Medical Group (MMG) is the physician enterprise of MedStar Health. MedStar Medical Group offers a uniquely rewarding career as part of a large and influential healthcare partner in a major marketplace. Shape your future in health care in the kind of setting that's right for you and your practice. Become part of an organization that welcomes your experience, input, and leadership—as a clinician and healthcare expert.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
The Washington, D.C., metro area is a fascinating and incredibly diverse place to live and work. Here, you’ll find outstanding museums and national treasures, good schools, prestigious colleges and universities, professional sports teams, world-renowned restaurants, and exciting nightlife. The city offers a wide range of living options—from urban condos and apartments to suburban townhouses and single-family homes in close-knit communities and quiet rural locations. D.C.’s central east coast location makes it easy to get away to nearby cities or to take a short drive to beautiful beaches or picturesque mountains.