Cardio-Oncology Physician with MedStar Health in Washington, D.C.
MedStar Heart and Vascular Institute, MedStar Washington Hospital Center, and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
MedStar Health is one of the premier academic healthcare institutions in the mid-Atlantic area, covering the Washington, D.C., and Baltimore regions. The MedStar Heart and Vascular Institute is made up of a team of cardiologists and cardiac surgeons who care for patients through the entire spectrum of disease, including advanced imaging, procedural care, and advanced heart failure. MedStar Heart and Vascular is a US News & World Report top 30 program and is dedicated to providing cutting-edge medical care and research, all in a vibrant academic environment.
The Cardiology department is seeking applications for a board-certified academic cardiologist to lead the cardio-oncology service. The cardio-oncology service is a collaborative enterprise between the MedStar Heart and Vascular Institute and the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. The position involves direct patient care predominantly in the outpatient setting, as well as leadership of the cardio-oncology service. In addition to caring for patients on the cardio-oncology service, there is opportunity for participation in the other activities of the cardiac service (e.g., echocardiography, cardiac MRI, etc.). The successful applicant will be an accomplished clinician with experience in cardio-oncology. Strong consideration will be given to individuals with a commitment to leadership, scholarly, and educational activities. Faculty rank at Georgetown University will be determined by the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant.
MedStar Washington Hospital Center is a 912-bed teaching and research hospital with a focus on tertiary cardiovascular care. It houses a busy cath lab, EP service, advanced imaging, an advanced heart failure program, and a full-service cardiac surgery program.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an acute-care, teaching, and research hospital with 609 beds located in northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—we are committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment. Georgetown Lombardi is part of Georgetown University Medical Center, an internationally recognized academic health and science center with a four-part mission of research, teaching, service, and patient care. In addition, the cardio-oncology program has a fellowship that will fall under the responsibility of the service.
- Clinically manage and evaluate patients on the outpatient and inpatient services at MedStar Washington Hospital Center and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital.
- Participate in the clinical activities of the clinical cardiology group at these institutions.
- Lead the cardio-oncology program across Medstar Health by collaborating with cardiology and oncology across the system to provide care to oncology patients with heart disease.
- Direct the cardio-oncology fellowship program, which consists of one fellow per year.
- Contribute to the teaching and research missions of the Heart and Vascular Institute.
- Serve on institutional and service committees.
The ideal candidate should have:
- An MD, MD/PhD, or equivalent with excellent clinical, communication and team skills.
- Board certification or board-eligible in cardiovascular diseases.
- Competency in cardiovascular imaging (e.g., echocardiography or cardiac MRI).
- Licensure in D.C. and Maryland, or eligibility for a medical license in D.C. and Maryland.
- A strong interest in pursuing academic excellence and leadership of teams and the ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
The Washington, D.C., metro area is a fascinating and incredibly diverse place to live and work. Here, you’ll find outstanding museums and national treasures, good schools, prestigious colleges and universities, professional sports teams, world-renowned restaurants, and exciting nightlife. The city offers a wide range of living options—from urban condos and apartments to suburban townhouses and single-family homes in close-knit communities and quiet rural locations. D.C.’s central east coast location makes it easy to get away to nearby cities or to take a short drive to beautiful beaches or picturesque mountains.