Critical Care Physician Assistant - MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
At MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, we are currently seeking a full-time inpatient physician assistant to join our growing team. The selected candidate will deliver direct patient care. This advanced practice provider will function collaboratively as an integral member of a team providing coverage to patients in a challenging but highly rewarding community hospital setting. This position offers you the opportunity to become part of an organization who is well on its way to fulfilling the vision to become the trusted leader in caring for people and advancing health.
- Education/Training – Graduation from a physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred.
- Experience – No experience required. Inpatient experience preferred.
- License/Certification/Registration – National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification. Current license with the Maryland Board of Physicians. Current Basic Life Support (BLS)/Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains detailed and accurate histories, performs physical examinations, and reviews medical records to assess patients' health status.
- Develops treatment plans and discusses proposed course of treatment with the patient's attending physician and other healthcare team members as appropriate, including consultations and referrals.
- Initiates, performs, and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests necessary in routine and emergent care of patients.
- Monitors patients and communicates significant patient findings or changes in patients' status to the appropriate physician.
- Responds to nursing and ancillary status calls.
- Writes progress notes on patients' medical record indicating patient status, treatment, and procedures performed.
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts.
- Performs emergency lifesaving procedures as appropriate.
- Performs necessary rounds independently or with the attending physician.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
As a new physician assistant to MedStar, you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off
- CME leave and CME allowance
- Retirement plan – 403-B with % employer match
Be a part of a nationally-recognized health system and the largest provider of health services in the Baltimore/Washington region. With our vast resources and capabilities at your disposal, you can expand your clinical expertise. Enjoy a rich career and a quality of life unique to Baltimore and the mid-Atlantic region, which features a mix of urban, suburban, and rural communities.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
Baltimore and its suburbs, as well as the surrounding rural areas, offer a unique blend of history, culture, and the arts—and, of course, the beautiful Chesapeake Bay. Downtown beckons you with its popular Inner Harbor, highly rated restaurants, theater, nightlife, and major league sports teams. The suburbs offer a great selection of homes in welcoming neighborhoods with excellent schools, shopping, and family activities. Rural areas are accented by quiet rolling hills, lush forests, and charming small towns. MedStar Health hospitals serving Baltimore include MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, MedStar Harbor Hospital, and MedStar Union Memorial Hospital.