Endocrinologist at MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- Participate in rounds daily.
- Provide direct supervision in the outpatient arena for all patients seen. Can use the primary care exception to supervise but not directly examine each patient in Internal Medicine.
- Edit and sign notes written by trainees, five minutes per note per day.
- Monitor test results, appropriate plans, and result notification by residents.
- Supervise any procedures completed by residents.
- Provide verbal or written handoff to the next team attending.
- Prepare and deliver didactics for residents and fellows, including noon conferences, chairman's conference, board reviews, ambulatory teaching, simulation, and grand rounds.
- Update and administer the rotational curriculum (for rotation directors).
- Complete mid-point and end-of-rotation evaluations in person with residents and on New Innovations.
- Attend and participate in faculty development quarterly, four hours per year.
- Membership on the clinical competence committee.
- Participate as either chair or member on the program evaluation committee.
- Implement, analyze, and provide guidance on action plans developed by the program evaluation committee.
- Participate in recruitment of new resident recruitment and selection.
- Attendance and participation in program annual retreat.
- Participate in discussions and planning for rotation design (for rotation directors).
- Advise and mentor residents in the areas of clinical care, educational goals, or job or fellowship application process.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
The Washington, D.C., metro area is a fascinating and incredibly diverse place to live and work. Here, you’ll find outstanding museums and national treasures, good schools, prestigious colleges and universities, professional sports teams, world-renowned restaurants, and exciting nightlife. The city offers a wide range of living options—from urban condos and apartments to suburban townhouses and single-family homes in close-knit communities and quiet rural locations. D.C.’s central east coast location makes it easy to get away to nearby cities or to take a short drive to beautiful beaches or picturesque mountains.