Family Medicine Physician - MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- Provide patient care and supervision.
- Provide prenatal care, labor and delivery, and post-partum care.
- Provide clinical and professional medical services to patients within the scope of his/her qualifications and consistent with accepted standards of medical practice.
- Direct general patient care provided by the performance of accepted procedures and commonly used therapies, and provision of appropriate support services.
- Keep and maintain appropriate records relating to all professional services rendered.
- Order appropriate lab and diagnostic procedures.
- Synthesize data to determine primary diagnoses and therapeutic plan utilizing established medical principles.
- Coordinate patient and family education with nursing staff, ancillary staff, and other resources.
- Maintain progress notes using established guidelines, follow all established HIMS policies for maintenance and signing of medical records.
- Submit complete patient bills within established timeframe.
- Participate in medical staff quality improvement and review activities.
- Adhere to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, as well as all applicable accreditation standards.
Opportunity is located in Baltimore, MD with MedStar Medical Group at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center. Position requires shifts of 10- to 12-hours including day, evening, overnight, and weekend shifts and on-call duties. 40-hours per week.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- MD degree or foreign equivalent in Medicine.
- Thirty-six (36) months of ACGME-accredited family medicine residency.
CERTIFICATION / REGISTRATION / LICENSURE:
- Valid MD medical license.
- American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) board certification or eligibility.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
Baltimore and its suburbs, as well as the surrounding rural areas, offer a unique blend of history, culture, and the arts—and, of course, the beautiful Chesapeake Bay. Downtown beckons you with its popular Inner Harbor, highly rated restaurants, theater, nightlife, and major league sports teams. The suburbs offer a great selection of homes in welcoming neighborhoods with excellent schools, shopping, and family activities. Rural areas are accented by quiet rolling hills, lush forests, and charming small towns. MedStar Health hospitals serving Baltimore include MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, MedStar Harbor Hospital, and MedStar Union Memorial Hospital.