Intensivist - MedStar Washington Hospital Center
MedStar Washington Hospital Center is seeking board-eligible or certified Intensivists to join our Critical Care teams managing patients in the Surgical Intensive and Intermediate Care Units. This provider will be responsible for providing superior and concurrent patient care services to all patients admitted to the unit and are encouraged to participate in departmental activities. MedStar Health offers considerable opportunities in research and leadership development.
- Base salary plus incentive compensation (years of experience taken into consideration)
- Clinical shift expectation incorporates PTO
- Annual CME allowance
- Medical license reimbursement
- Medical, dental, prescription, and vision coverage option for physician and dependents
- Retirement savings plan
- Academic appointment to Georgetown University School of Medicine
Education, Training, and Experience Required:
- Must be board-certified/eligible in critical care medicine.
- Experience in neurocritical care, trauma, surgical critical care, cardiovascular critical care, and/or medical critical is helpful.
- Commitment to clinical excellence is mandatory.
- Broad cognitive and technical skills in the critical care setting is required.
- Ability to communicate well with the medical team and family.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
The Washington, D.C., metro area is a fascinating and incredibly diverse place to live and work. Here, you’ll find outstanding museums and national treasures, good schools, prestigious colleges and universities, professional sports teams, world-renowned restaurants, and exciting nightlife. The city offers a wide range of living options—from urban condos and apartments to suburban townhouses and single-family homes in close-knit communities and quiet rural locations. D.C.’s central east coast location makes it easy to get away to nearby cities or to take a short drive to beautiful beaches or picturesque mountains.