Internal Medicine / Geriatrics Physician - Geriatrics and Senior Services with MedStar Health in Washington, D.C.
MedStar Health in Washington D.C.
MedStar Medical Group offers a rewarding career in a setting that's right for you. Join an organization that welcomes your experience and leadership as a clinician and healthcare expert.
We seek a physician-educator to serve a population of high-need elders in Washington, D.C.
Core duties include 90% clinical time and 10% academic time. Clinical settings include:
- Home-Based Primary Care: The physician will manage a panel of complex elders at home with a superb team of nurse practitioners, social workers, RNs, and office staff.
- Hospital Geriatrics at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (MWHC). This includes inpatient consults for our house call patients, surgeons and other colleagues.
The physician will have 10% time devoted to academic activity with opportunity for faculty appointment at Georgetown School of Medicine. The physician provides education for MedStar Washington Hospital Center Internal Medicine residents and Georgetown medical students. Academic time includes noon conferences, small group teaching sessions, grand rounds, supervising residents and students on the Geriatrics rotations, scholarly activity, and development of clinical and teaching skills.
The MedStar House Call Program in D.C. is one of the leading house call programs in the U.S. Since 1999, we have operated a highly dedicated team to care for underserved elders and their families. We bring the best of care to the home, offering tailored treatment plans that consider patient values, the home environment, and family abilities. The MedStar Washington Hospital Center is a world-class hospital in the heart of D.C. with excellent specialist care and a strong team-based approach.
The balance of clinical duties for the physician can be flexible based on program needs and the candidate's interest. To support work/life balance, our physicians rotate for modest after-hours phone on-call every 4-5 weeks and have weekends off from in-person duties. We are also open to discussing the option of a part-time position.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD or DO) and completion of residency in Internal Medicine.
- Geriatrics fellowship training preferred or extensive professional experience in elder care.
- Board-certified in Internal Medicine at start of employment.
- Board-certified in Geriatrics within 2 years of employment.
- Eligible for appointment to active staff of MedStar Washington Hospital Center and for licensure to practice medicine in D.C. and Maryland.
- Strong personal, clinical, and teaching skills for teamwork and care of ill elders.
- Ability to perform procedures as required for the specialty.
As a MedStar provider, you can expect:
- A warm, collegial, and educational work environment
- A competitive salary and signing bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Full malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off (PTO = 30 days/year)
- Additional annual CME leave and CME allowance
- Retirement plan (403B) with employer match
Be a part of a nationally recognized team and the largest provider of health care in the Baltimore/Washington region. Enjoy a rewarding career and high quality of life by living in (or near) the nation's capital, which offers great culture, food, climate, and communities.
To learn more or to apply, please send a CV and note of interest to Eric De Jonge, MD at [email protected] and Samantha Seo at [email protected]
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
The Washington, D.C., metro area is a fascinating and incredibly diverse place to live and work. Here, you’ll find outstanding museums and national treasures, good schools, prestigious colleges and universities, professional sports teams, world-renowned restaurants, and exciting nightlife. The city offers a wide range of living options—from urban condos and apartments to suburban townhouses and single-family homes in close-knit communities and quiet rural locations. D.C.’s central east coast location makes it easy to get away to nearby cities or to take a short drive to beautiful beaches or picturesque mountains.