Internal Medicine Physician Assistant
MedStar Health is a mainstay in the Baltimore community, serving patients from Baltimore City and Anne Arundel, Baltimore and Howard counties. We currently have a full-time opening for an Inpatient Physician Assistant to work in our Department of Medicine. Shape your future in health care in the kind of setting that's right for you. Become part of an organization that welcomes your experience, input, and leadership—as a clinician and healthcare expert.
This position offers you the opportunity to work alongside an attending physician providing cross-coverage in a small community hospital with access to the resources provided by a large healthcare system. In this inpatient setting, you will work a night shift schedule while enhancing our current Hospital Medicine Model. As active rounders, our APPs are expected to focus on evidence-based medicine in order to improve patient quality, safety, throughput, patient experience, and communication.
Performs a variety of duties, such as history and physicals, and provides care to assigned patients. Assesses, diagnoses, documents findings, and writes medical orders. Makes clinical decisions relative to patient management through collaboration with physicians.
As a new physician assistant at MedStar, you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off
- CME leave and CME allowance
- Retirement plan – 403-B with % employer match
To qualify for this position, the physician assistant must have:
- Education/Training – Graduation from a physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred.
- Experience – One year of inpatient experience highly preferred; will consider highly motivated new graduate with healthcare experience.
- License/Certification/Registration – National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification. Current license with the Maryland Board of Physicians. Current Basic Life Support (BLS)/Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
Baltimore and its suburbs, as well as the surrounding rural areas, offer a unique blend of history, culture, and the arts—and, of course, the beautiful Chesapeake Bay. Downtown beckons you with its popular Inner Harbor, highly rated restaurants, theater, nightlife, and major league sports teams. The suburbs offer a great selection of homes in welcoming neighborhoods with excellent schools, shopping, and family activities. Rural areas are accented by quiet rolling hills, lush forests, and charming small towns. MedStar Health hospitals serving Baltimore include MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, MedStar Harbor Hospital, and MedStar Union Memorial Hospital.