Medical Director, Non-invasive Cardiology Ambulatory Practice, Baltimore, Maryland - Sign-On Available!
MedStar Medical Group is pleased to announce that we are seeking a Medical Director to lead our ambulatory cardiology practice. This position oversees a large and thriving multi-site ambulatory practice across the Baltimore region that includes over 10 non-invasive cardiologists. This is a leadership role within our cardiovascular service line where you will be involved in formulating strategic plans for the group and in promoting the growth of the practice.
- Overall function of the multi-site ambulatory practice
- Noninvasive testing that is offered (echocardiograms, stress testing, etc.)
- Quality of care that is provided inclusive of patient experience and staff well-being
- Mentoring of junior providers
- Regional as well as systemwide leadership meetings
- Cardiology EHR optimization
- Review of individual physician and site-specific productivity/financial data
- Physician and APP recruitment efforts
- Teaching of students and training of house staff
Protected time is provided for administrative responsibilities. The clinical duties include both ambulatory and inpatient work.
Substantial experience as a clinical cardiologist is required, and some administrative experience is preferred.
- Board-eligible/board-certified in Cardiology.
- Board certification in Echo and/or Nuclear preferred.
- Expertise in subspecialty areas, such as advanced echocardiography (including TEE), advanced cardiac imaging (CT and MR), cardio-genetics and/or women's health, is a plus.
- Superior training, background, and interpersonal skills.
- Opportunity for academic faculty position at Georgetown University
- Competitive compensation and signing bonus (commensurate with experience)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement savings plans
- Life, accidental death, and disability benefits
- 6 weeks of paid time off
- Professional expense reimbursement
Baltimore and the mid-Atlantic region feature a mix of communities, from the urban neighborhoods to the suburbs and rural areas of surrounding counties.
Learn more about this great area to live:
Be the physician leader you were meant to be, here at MedStar Health.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
Baltimore and its suburbs, as well as the surrounding rural areas, offer a unique blend of history, culture, and the arts—and, of course, the beautiful Chesapeake Bay. Downtown beckons you with its popular Inner Harbor, highly rated restaurants, theater, nightlife, and major league sports teams. The suburbs offer a great selection of homes in welcoming neighborhoods with excellent schools, shopping, and family activities. Rural areas are accented by quiet rolling hills, lush forests, and charming small towns. MedStar Health hospitals serving Baltimore include MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, MedStar Harbor Hospital, and MedStar Union Memorial Hospital.