Neurologist Physician - MedStar St. Mary's Hospital
$20,000 Signing Bonus and Relocation Reimbursement up to $5,000
MedStar St. Mary's Hospital is seeking a full-time, board-eligible or board-certified Neurologist to join their established team in the southern Maryland shoreline community in Leonardtown. The clinical practice would consist of outpatient clinic and inpatient consultative coverage. This opportunity would allow the physician to join a large, integrated healthcare system while being able to easily establish and maintain a positive work/life balance. This position also offers the option to be eligible for an academic appointment at Georgetown University School of Medicine, if interested.
Other highlights of this position include:
- $300,000 base salary for an experienced Neurologist (more than 3 years out from fellowship training; guaranteed for two years)
- $20,000 signing bonus
- $5,000 relocation allowance
- Quality bonus eligibility
- Productivity bonus eligibility
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off plan
- 5 days of CME leave and $4,000 CME allowance
- Retirement plan - 403(b) with % employer match, 457(b), and 457(f)
Nestled in the waterside community of Leonardtown, Maryland, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital is a 120-bed, full-service hospital delivering state-of-the-art emergency, acute inpatient, and outpatient care. With innovative technology and a dedication to excellence, our clinical and administrative staff is committed to providing the highest standard of support and experience to our care team and patients. MedStar St. Mary's Hospital is a member of MedStar Health, the largest healthcare system in the Washington, D.C., region.
Highlights of our community:
- Access to over 400 miles of shoreline and waterfront living, accompanied by various fine dining and food market options.
- A growing population of 120,000+ residents in the surrounding community and was recently ranked as one of the fastest-growing counties in the state of Maryland.
- Other attractions include numerous historical sites and museums; the Calvert Marine aquarium; and the extensive Patuxent Wine Trail, consisting of breweries, wineries and distilleries.
- Easy access to Washington, D.C.; Annapolis, MD; and Richmond, VA.
Become part of an organization that welcomes your experience, input, and leadership—as a clinician and healthcare expert.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
Leonardtown is a beautiful small community nestled on Breton Bay in historic St. Mary’s County. Established in 1660, it’s also the state’s oldest municipality. Today, more than 105,000 people reside in St. Mary’s County. With brick sidewalks, a quaint downtown, historic attractions, and Old World charm, Leonardtown is reminiscent of a European village. It is home to approximately 3,500 people and features its own town square, a scenic waterfront and wharf, a winery, art galleries, antique shops, excellent restaurants, and more. You will also find good schools and a great selection of homes in welcoming neighborhoods and rural settings. MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital is located in Leonardtown.