Nurse Practitioner - Wound Specialist (Adult or Family)
Full Time, Monday through Friday
Assumes total nursing care of specific patients under the direction of physician. Follows established nursing standards, procedures, and practices and gives specific patient care directions to nursing and other staff.
- Education/Training – Graduate from a nurse practitioner program approved by the Maryland State Board Examiners of Nurses.
- Experience – 2 years of experience as a provider in an outpatient clinical setting preferred. New grad applicants with ER/wound care experience in an RN role are also encouraged to apply.
- License/Certification/Registration – Registration with the Maryland State Board Examiners of Nurses.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities – Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
Nurse Practitioner – Wound Specialist (Adult or Family):
- Independent practitioner (works closely with other wound care specialists).
- Conducts comprehensive/episodic health assessments.
- Reviews history and performs physical exams.
- Orders and interprets imaging and other diagnostic testing.
- Establishes a plan of care associated with identified findings.
- Prescribes medication, wound care, and therapeutic procedures as indicated.
- Provides orders and referrals to appropriate specialties as needed for ongoing patient care.
- Thoroughly documents history and exam findings, along with assessment and plan of care in a logical and timely manner.
- Consults with team members regarding treatment plan as necessary.
- Tracks patient progress and outcomes.
- Conducts independent outpatient clinic, including new, return, and postoperative follow-ups.
- Performs minor surgical procedures as required.
- Participates in daily rounds and provides consultation.
- Works collaboratively with healthcare team.
- Organizes workload and maintains high level of productivity.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with MedStar Health mission, vision, goals, objectives, and patient care philosophy.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records. Maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
- Adheres to patient confidentiality standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Duties specific to wound care include:
- Performing minor surgical procedures required for wound healing.
- Participating in daily rounds and providing consultation on inpatient limb-salvage and wound patients.
- Working collaboratively with hospitalists, medical specialists, wound specialists, and wound ostomy teams to facilitate optimal patient outcomes.
- Facilitating smooth transition of patient wound care between inpatient care and outpatient care.
- Collaborating between skilled nursing facilities, home healthcare services, and the Wound Healing Institute to ensure continuity of care.
As a MedStar clinician, you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Retirement plan – 403-B with % employer match
- Flexible Monday–Friday schedule with no weekends, holidays, or on-call responsibilities!
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
Baltimore and its suburbs, as well as the surrounding rural areas, offer a unique blend of history, culture, and the arts—and, of course, the beautiful Chesapeake Bay. Downtown beckons you with its popular Inner Harbor, highly rated restaurants, theater, nightlife, and major league sports teams. The suburbs offer a great selection of homes in welcoming neighborhoods with excellent schools, shopping, and family activities. Rural areas are accented by quiet rolling hills, lush forests, and charming small towns. MedStar Health hospitals serving Baltimore include MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, MedStar Harbor Hospital, and MedStar Union Memorial Hospital.