Palliative Care Physician
MedStar Health offers a uniquely rewarding career in a major marketplace. Shape your future in health care in the kind of setting that is right for you and your practice. Become part of an organization that welcomes your experience, input, and leadership—as a clinician and healthcare expert. MedStar Health Washington, D.C.-Maryland is currently recruiting board-certified/eligible Palliative Care Physicians for the following locations:
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- MedStar Southern Maryland Medical Center, Clinton, MD
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Palliative Care Medical Director, MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
The interdisciplinary Palliative Care team includes physician, nursing, social work, and pharmacy disciplines, as well as volunteers. For each consultation, we partner closely with other members of the patient care team to provide an integrative and individualized approach to every person's care plan.
Our service is available to all adult patients admitted to MedStar Health. A consult is typically initiated by the primary medical team for a patient, but can be suggested by nursing, patients, families, or other staff members. Our services include:
- Expert pain and symptom management
- Guidance navigating difficult and complex treatment decisions
- Advanced care planning
- Emotional and spiritual support for you and your family
- Assistance coordinating transitions of care
- Communication about what to expect during serious illness and resources to support patients and families in multiple care settings
As a MedStar Health clinician, you can expect:
- An extremely competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- CME allowance
- Retirement plan – 403-B with % employer match
Be a part of a nationally recognized health system and the largest provider of health services in the Baltimore/Washington region. With our vast resources and capabilities at your disposal, you can expand your clinical expertise. Enjoy a rich career and a quality of life unique to the mid-Atlantic region, which features a mix of urban, suburban, and rural communities.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
The Washington, D.C., metro area is a fascinating and incredibly diverse place to live and work. Here, you’ll find outstanding museums and national treasures, good schools, prestigious colleges and universities, professional sports teams, world-renowned restaurants, and exciting nightlife. The city offers a wide range of living options—from urban condos and apartments to suburban townhouses and single-family homes in close-knit communities and quiet rural locations. D.C.’s central east coast location makes it easy to get away to nearby cities or to take a short drive to beautiful beaches or picturesque mountains.