Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician with MedStar
MedStar Health is seeking to increase its current complement of 40 physiatrists as we expand services across our campuses in the D.C.-Baltimore region. MedStar National Rehabilitation Network has over 50 outpatient locations in Washington, D.C.; Northern Virginia; and Maryland. We also provide inpatient rehabilitation services at our flagship hospital in Washington, D.C. and MedStar Good Samaritan in Baltimore, Maryland.
We currently have two exciting full-time outpatient physiatry opportunities in the Baltimore region.
- Outpatient physiatrist to collaborate with MedStar Orthopedics at several sites in the Baltimore area. The practice will focus on general musculoskeletal skills and will include EMG/nerve conduction studies and ultrasound-guided injections.
- Outpatient physiatrist for the nationally renowned Curtis Hand Center at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital. The role will be upper-extremity-focused with expectation of academic and research involvement in the Curtis Hand Center's educational program. Superior electromyography skills are essential and American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (ABEM) certification is preferred.
The candidate will be eligible for a faculty appointment commensurate with his/her experience in the Department of Rehabilitation at Georgetown University School of Medicine, the academic partner of MedStar Health. All positions have growth potential guided by the candidate's skills and interest.
Join us and enjoy:
- Competitive salary, including base plus incentive compensation based on clinical care, advocacy, and education
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off
- CME leave and CME allowance
- Retirement plan – 403(b) with % employer match
- Managed by and for clinicians
- Integrated care, connected technology
- A culture of collaboration and emphasis on physician wellness
- A voice in how you deliver care to your patients
- A rewarding career filled with positive patient experiences and continual professional growth and development
- Opportunities for teaching
Be the physician you were meant to be, here at MedStar Medical Group.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
Baltimore and its suburbs, as well as the surrounding rural areas, offer a unique blend of history, culture, and the arts—and, of course, the beautiful Chesapeake Bay. Downtown beckons you with its popular Inner Harbor, highly rated restaurants, theater, nightlife, and major league sports teams. The suburbs offer a great selection of homes in welcoming neighborhoods with excellent schools, shopping, and family activities. Rural areas are accented by quiet rolling hills, lush forests, and charming small towns. MedStar Health hospitals serving Baltimore include MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, MedStar Harbor Hospital, and MedStar Union Memorial Hospital.