Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician with MedStar Health -
Washington, D.C., Region
MedStar National Rehabilitation Network is seeking to increase its current complement of 40 physiatrists as we expand services across our campuses in the D.C.-Baltimore region. MedStar National Rehabilitation Network has over 50 outpatient locations in Washington, D.C.; Northern Virginia; and Maryland. We are currently seeking candidates in the following areas:
- General outpatient physiatry (D.C. and Baltimore regions) – Electrodiagnostic skills preferred.
- General inpatient physiatry (Baltimore region)
- Sports/spine physiatry (D.C. region)
- Cancer physiatry (D.C. region)
- Spinal cord injury physiatry (D.C. region)
- Brain injury physiatry (D.C. region)
These physiatrists will be eligible for faculty appointments, commensurate with their experience, in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at Georgetown University School of Medicine, the academic partner of MedStar Health. All positions have growth potential guided by the candidates' skills and interest.
If interested in learning more, please contact Jennifer Semel, MD, Vice President of Medical Affairs, Chief Medical Officer at MedStar National Rehabilitation Network at [email protected].
Join us and enjoy:
- Competitive salary including base plus incentive compensation based on clinical care, advocacy, and education
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off
- CME leave and CME allowance
- Retirement plan – 403(b) with % employer match
- Managed by and for clinicians
- Integrated care, connected technology
- A culture of collaboration and an emphasis on physician wellness
- A voice in how you deliver care to your patients
- A rewarding career filled with positive patient experiences and continual professional growth and development
- Opportunities for teaching
About MedStar Health:
MedStar Health is the largest healthcare provider in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region. Our Rehabilitation Network has over 50 locations in Washington, D.C.; Northern Virginia; and Maryland and provides inpatient rehabilitation services at its flagship hospital in Washington, D.C., as well as at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital in Baltimore, MD. MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital (MNRH) was rated amongst the "Best Rehabilitation Hospitals in the Country" by U.S. News & World Report 2021-2022. In September 2021, we were also selected for funding as a Spinal Cord Injury Model System. Our partnership with Georgetown University supports an outstanding PM&R residency in addition to fellowships in sports, cancer, and brain injury rehabilitation. MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital is the only rehabilitation hospital nationwide to have CARF accreditation for Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation and five distinct inpatient specialty programs: Stroke, Brain Injury, Amputee, Spinal Cord, and Pediatrics. In 2020, MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital also received accreditation for Outpatient Cancer Rehabilitation, making it the 12th accredited program in the U.S.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.