Physician Assistant/Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Needed for General Surgery at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
10- and 12-Hour Rotating Shifts
MedStar Health is looking for qualified candidates to join our growing team of 13 highly skilled advanced practice providers. We offer a supportive team environment with hands-on training from our surgeons, residents, and fellow APPs. This position offers exposure to multiple surgical specialties. We are a robotic surgery center of excellence, and our new state-of-the-art 14 OR surgical pavilion supports an array of innovations, advanced multispecialty surgical techniques, and cutting-edge medical imaging.
NPs will be required to have completed the RN first assist course to be considered.
- First assist in General Surgery, Orthopedic, Neurosurgery, Plastic Surgery, Thoracic, Ob/Gyn, GynOnc, and Vascular surgery procedures.
Perioperative patient management.
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic lab tests.
- Conducting surgical history and physical exams.
- Inpatient rounding and consultations.
- Wound care and bedside procedures under direct and indirect supervision.
- Perform medication reconciliation and help to arrange appropriate post-discharge follow-up for all surgical patients.
- Patient/family education.
- Collaborate with the physician and other clinical staff members to maintain continuity of care.
- Participate in developing, reviewing, and revising medical/surgical protocols.
- Participate in training of staff and students.
Join our developing team with great room for growth and a collaborative atmosphere. New grads are welcome.
As a MedStar Medical Group clinician, you can expect:
- A competitive salary and signing bonus
- Eligibility for quality and productivity bonuses
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off
- CME leave and CME allowance
- Retirement saving plan – 403(b) with employer match
Be a part of a nationally recognized health system and the largest provider of health services in the Baltimore/Washington region. With our vast resources and capabilities at your disposal, you can expand your clinical expertise. Enjoy a rich career and a quality of life unique to Baltimore and the mid-Atlantic region, which features a mix of urban, suburban, and rural communities.
MedStar Health is a 501c(3) organization.
Be the provider you were meant to be, here at MedStar Health.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
Baltimore and its suburbs, as well as the surrounding rural areas, offer a unique blend of history, culture, and the arts—and, of course, the beautiful Chesapeake Bay. Downtown beckons you with its popular Inner Harbor, highly rated restaurants, theater, nightlife, and major league sports teams. The suburbs offer a great selection of homes in welcoming neighborhoods with excellent schools, shopping, and family activities. Rural areas are accented by quiet rolling hills, lush forests, and charming small towns. MedStar Health hospitals serving Baltimore include MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, MedStar Harbor Hospital, and MedStar Union Memorial Hospital.