Women's Health Ob/Gyn Physician Opportunity - Ob/Gyn Generalist, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital
Become part of an organization that recognizes and welcomes your expertise, knowledge, input, and leadership as an Ob/Gyn physician.
MedStar Health St. Mary's Hospital offers an employed group of Ob/Gyn specialists as part of a true community-based hospital poised for additional strategic growth opportunities. We have a genuine need for an Ob/Gyn Generalist to join our group that's consistently chosen as the top choice in women and mother-baby care throughout our wide market. Step into a career-building opportunity where you would see a variety of patients, be part of a collegial medical staff community, have incredible access to on-site resources and great schools, and be in the middle of a lush, natural landscape and go-to area for holiday destinations.
- Fully integrated MD/DO, women's health nurse practitioner, and certified nurse-midwife practice with dedicated medical assistants, registered nurses, and 24/7 midwifery services.
- Large referral network of primary care providers and medical specialties on-site and available locally.
- In-office procedures include, but are not limited to, colposcopy, NSTs, sonograms, and hysteroscopy.
- Dedicated block time in full-scope OR with open, laparoscopic, and state-of-the-art robot surgical services.
- Beautiful, safe neighborhoods and unique properties—some with backyard-accessible waterfronts.
- Highly rated public schools plus easy commute to the area's most prestigious colleges and universities.
- 80 minutes to D.C.; short distance to popular Calvert County, Solomons Island, and area cultural attractions.
- Local state parks on the water offering outdoor enthusiasts hiking, kayaking, canoeing, boating, and camping.
- Revitalized, eclectic downtown with specialty shops and fine dining and host to popular events and concerts.
- Multiple farmer markets, both big and small, and several nearby award-winning wineries.
- Excellent market-competitive compensation and benefits package with not-for-profit healthcare organization.
- Higher than average base salary and quarterly production compensation incentives.
- 30 days of paid time off, plus 7 holidays and 2 additional personal days.
- In-coming bonus opportunities and ongoing CME allowance with 5 CME days outside of PTO.
MedStar St. Mary's Hospital
- Encounter excellent working relationships with 24/7 anesthesiologists and 24/7 pediatric hospitalists.
- Vast resources and capabilities at your disposal, including UroGyn, GynOnc, and Maternal-Fetal Medicine available by referral.
- 1:6 call at Level I Women's Health and Family Birthing Center; 600 births/year with low C-section rate (9%).
- Tertiary care center with D.C.-based MedStar Washington Hospital Center and Georgetown University.
- Labor & Delivery Ob registered nurses and several birth education classes, plus lactation services are available for inpatient, outpatient, and locally.
If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding and brings great professional relationships with physician and staff colleagues, apply now by emailing your CV and interest to Jennifer Goodwin or "Express Your Interest" above!
MedStar Health/MedStar Medical Group is a 501(c)(3) organization and Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future—by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation’s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You’ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
Leonardtown is a beautiful small community nestled on Breton Bay in historic St. Mary’s County. Established in 1660, it’s also the state’s oldest municipality. Today, more than 105,000 people reside in St. Mary’s County. With brick sidewalks, a quaint downtown, historic attractions, and Old World charm, Leonardtown is reminiscent of a European village. It is home to approximately 3,500 people and features its own town square, a scenic waterfront and wharf, a winery, art galleries, antique shops, excellent restaurants, and more. You will also find good schools and a great selection of homes in welcoming neighborhoods and rural settings. MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital is located in Leonardtown.